Martin Fowler’s presention on building healthy, social environments where software development can thrive is interesting. Here are some takeaways:
- There are many frustrations about the state of agile today.
- There are many actors but actions are often directed in one way…
- …a better approach would be to encourage more conversations
- SAFE could stand for: Shitty Agile For Enterprise. (Actually it stands for Scaled Agile Framework)
- As developers we need to be knowledgeable about the domain we are building software for. Having domain knowledge allows us to be good user advocates and understand user needs.
- Avoid dark patterns.
- Take responsibility for the software you build and its impact on the world.